‘Tis the season for holiday cheer! Can you believe that another year has quickly come and gone? We are very proud of our daycare students in Jupiter that continually surpass our expectations. The holidays are a time of year when we can all relax and enjoy teaching our little ones about some of the many traditions that come with the season. One of the greatest traditions is the gathering of friends and family to share in a delicious feast. This activity is a way you can build upon your child’s preschool curriculum from Tiny Turtles Preschool of Jupiter to continue the learning at home.
Setting The Proper Table
- 4 colors of construction paper
- Black marker
- Tape or glue
- Create a horizontal placemat by taping/gluing two pieces of construction paper together.
- Draw a rectangular napkin on a piece of different colored paper. Increase the realistic feel by tracing a regular napkin for the right scale.
- Draw a circular plate on another colored piece of paper. Again, tracing a real plate can help your preschooler draw a proportional plate.
- Using the fourth color of paper, draw/trace the cutlery. You may have to help with this step as it’s very hard to trace a fork! We like to create a smaller circle to symbolize the glass, and you should encourage drawing all cutlery that will be used at your holiday meal such as a salad fork or dessert spoon.
- Cut out all of the pieces and recycle the scraps.
- Ask your preschooler to name the different pieces of the place setting while you label it on the paper of the proper element.
- Finally, glue or tape all pieces into the proper place on the placemat and keep the model in a handy place to refer to when it’s time to set the table!
This activity is a fun way to keep your preschooler engaged in the family gatherings. Young children love responsibility, and you’ll get the help you need around the home.
Tiny Turtles Preschool of Jupiter is proud to foster responsibility for our preschool and daycare students in Jupiter, FL. We wish you a happy holiday season!